Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm going away.. Me voy!!

I'm not going away anywhere!! I've just come back. Its been more than ten days that I wrote a post. That is quite a long time!! Spanish lessons are more intensive this time. It is not like the courses that I did previously. This instructor is up to a lot of activities inside the class as well as outside :-(

The good thing is that there's a lot to learn than what I expected. There's so much to it when we learn a language. Culture, people, tradition, art, music, history, geography.. the list is pretty long. He is so fast and doesn't let even one moment of the class go worthless. Textbook, games, quizzes, assignments, presentations.. he is full of energy! And he talks a lot about Mexico, being our neighbor country. What I like most about him is that he  comes to the class like a typical hispanic guy with a hat and all those ruff n tuff clothes that they were..  I sometimes wonder if he leaves his horse and gun in the parking lot while coming to the class!! One more thing that I like is that he has three kids ;-) Ha ha.. just kidding.. He makes the maximum use of Google maps, images and Youtube!! yeahh.. sounds fun, no?? But he has three kids in deed!! He showed us his family pics too while teaching us how to call the family members in Spanish..

This is one of the songs that he showed us in the class and I really liked it. As such Spanish music uses a lot of Guitar in different styles. One of their most popular styles of playing Guitar that I like is the flamenco, originating from Spain. This one that we saw in the class is a famous Mexican song by Julieta Venegas. She breaks up with her boy friend and sings this song.. "Me voy" - meaning "I'm going away" -  I tried playing it and thought of sharing it with everyone.. It's quite tough to sing in a foreign language, play music along with it! I had a tough time getting the lines!! Followed by it I recorded a Bollywood song too "Bheege honth tere", which uses similar chords done in "Me voy". Enjoy it on my Jukebox!

Watch the song too.. "Me voy" - The video is very funny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v92OsaD40w

2 comments:

lavanya said...

Hey i like this song..Good that you are enjoying ur classes as well with frogs too..ha ha.. :)

Uthra Mohan said...

Yaaa.. So far so gud!