Friday, July 2, 2010

Karaoke kicks in!

Karaoke is a portmanteau of the Japanese kara 空 meaning "empty," and ōkesutora オーケストラ "orchestra" - It is a form of entertainment where amateur singers can sing along with recorded music (audio/video). It offers only the music track of a song minus the lead vocal. It is quite a popular thing today among kids, youngsters and other amateur singers. This is what I've tried this time for a couple of songs. Both are my very favorite numbers: The Aamir khan fame Pehla nasha sung by Udit Narayanam and Sadhna Sargam - I've done the lead for this, so it is an instrumental version. And the evergreen hit of Ilayaraja, Vaan megam sung by Chithra - I've strummed along with it on my Guitar and have sung it too. 

These kind of Karaokes aren't available for all the songs but we can find most of them on youtube. You can listen to them on my jukebox.

No comments: