Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fruta fresca

It is one of the assignments in my spanish class. Fruta fresca is a song by Carlos Vives. Listen to the song (actually there's a list of songs and movies given by my teacher).. with the lyrics and sing along with it! That was some fun.. As such i'm the only person in the class who is outstanding! Yeahh.. outstandingly dumb ;-)

This time the class is a mixed group of people, mostly working.. and they're here to learn spanish so that it will help them in their job.. No wonder they are so good at it! I'm the one going there just to add one more language in my resume ;-) so i kind of take it easy for now.. But suddenly last week the teacher decided to change her methods. She told everyone, "Ok, let's all talk!" and guess what? Everyone was actually talking!! I was stumbling with words.. It felt like a big joke for me! And it was not just basics they were talking, like "Hola, como estas?" - I'm still lingering there.. I can't talk one phrase beyond that.. Oh ya, i can say "Sí" and remember there's an accent on the "i". If you say it without the accent it means "If".. I can count numbers till 100, after which i can proceed with the notebook open. I can say greetings, haven't learned the opposites of greetings yet!! It may be of great use when i have to talk to our apartment manager here!! And so i'm trying to make it interesting for myself by doing the assignments on time ;-)

I was watching a movie on the NVUE this morning and was laughing simply at the actions and expressions.. My teacher has told me, "Watch the movie simply, even if you don't understand the dialogues!" - So i just watched it.. All that i understood was the advertisements between the movie scenes.. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I thought u r enjoying in class.. but now I understood making fun in the class

Uthra Mohan said...

having fun ;-)